This Himalayan Salt Block is a 7 inch square, 1.5 inches tall and weighs ~6 lbs.
This Himalayan Salt Block:
- Great for enhancing the flavors of hot or cold foods
- Has a lack of porosity and moisture that allows it to be taken to very high and very low temperatures
- Will impart only moderate saltiness
- Contains a large amount of trace minerals that impart a more full taste to the food, allowing for more complex flavors
- Great for presenting food in an interesting way
- Is antiseptic and antibacterial. Simply clean with water and a soft brush to remove any stuck on food. It is recommended that you dry it completely and seal in plastic when done, to prevent block wearing out more quickly.
- Thick enough for many uses, even as salt is slowly incorporated and cleaned away
Cooking with and Caring for Your Himalayan Salt Block
If you use Himalayan salt blocks for more than cooking, it’s recommended that you get at least two, one for temperate uses such as food presentation or curing. The other salt block should be dedicated for
just cooking, as heating will change its appearance and structure. The idea is to maintain these unique characteristics of heating.
Pre-heating: Be careful especially the first few times by using low heat as your Himalayan salt block will develop fissures. Do not use in an oven.
Gas range: Place the block on the stove top, set heat to low and allow 15 minutes to heat up. Moisture may start developing on the surface – this will eventually evaporate. The slower the better.
Electric range: Place a wok ring or something similar to raise the block off of the burner. Set the heat on low; preheat for at least 10 minutes.
Cooking can begin now for low heating applications. For medium heat, raise the heat on a middle setting and wait for 5 - 10 more minutes until cooking begins.
For cooking at high temperature, raise heat to high and wait another 5 - 10 minutes until desired temperature is reached. An infrared thermometer can be used to measure the surface temperature.
After use let the Himalayan salt block cool to room temperature, possibly over night. Rinse under warm water and scrub with an abrasive pad until all food and fat glazing is gone – rinse clean.
Dry the salt block with a cloth and allow to fully dry on a rack. Store at minimal humidity.
Why purchase from HEALTHandMED?
- We are extremely easy to get a hold of before and after the sale by calling us toll free at
1-888-649-3650. Outside of the U.S., call 1-435-275-4487.
Or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Risk, No Buyer's Remorse, 14 Day Money Back Guarantee
- We have various Himalayan Salt Lamps, Himalayan Salt Inhalers and other natural health products
- Se Habla Español