How Do Portable Infrared Saunas Work?
Portable Infrared Saunas emit far infrared rays, which are part of the sun's natural spectrum, just beyond visible red.
It warms the body directly instead of heating the air in the enclosure like traditional steam saunas. Steam saunas require temperatures ranging from 175°-200°F (80-95°C) to promote perspiration and some people have difficulty breathing this hot humid air. The lower heat range of 160°-175°F (70-80°C) for the FIR-Real™ sauna produces similar results (and a lower electric bill).
Different types of light interact with our body differently. In general, the smaller the wavelength of light, the more damage to living cells is caused. Lights, like ultraviolet, are very harmful to living cells. The most beneficial lights are those whose wavelength is close to the red light. Far Infrared Therapy, FIR therapy or Infrared Therapy uses far infrared light, which is part of the sun light spectrum whose wavelengths fall just below (the word Infra means), visible red light.
Although the wavelengths of FIR are too long for the eyes to see, we can experience its energy as gentle, radiant heat, which can penetrate up to [3.5] inches beneath the skin. So Far Infrared Therapy, or FIR Therapy is also a kind of light therapy and heat therapy.
The Portable Infrared Sauna Works to Improve Health Using the Following Principles:
- Improves the microcirculation by soothing blood vessels.
- Increases the supply of oxygen and nutrients in blood cells to areas of the body's soft tissues Improves functioning of white blood cells, which increases the immune response and elimination of foreign pathogens and cellular debris.
- Removes accumulated toxins by improving lymph circulation which are often at the core of many health problems. The build up of toxins in a health body could block the normal blood circulation and impair the cellular energy. When FIR waves are applied, the water molecules that encapsulate the toxins get heat up, and start to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released and the body gets rejuvenated.
- Promotes regeneration and fast healing Increases metabolism between blood and tissue.
- Stimulates the hypothalamus, which controls the production of neuro-chemicals that are involved in such biological processes as sleep, mood, pain sensations and blood pressure.